GEOSC/GEOG 497 – Data Mining in Environmental Sciences, Penn State University (Fall 2019)
- Applying both conventional and emerging data analytics tools to address real-world environmental science problems through mini-lectures and hands-on projects
Co-teaching GEOSC 560 – Kinetics, Pennsylvania State University (Spring 2019)
- Using data-driven models to assess the impact of natural and anthropogenic features on weathering rate on a watershed scale
Workshop Instructor in Shale Network Workshop, Pennsylvania State University (May 2018)
- Computer module demonstration and hands-on exercise: Created and prepared learning material; taught water chemistry about Marcellus-related spills for over 40 participants.
- Field trip to mock spill event: Assisted in organizing and planning field trip to mock spill.
Interim Instructor, Pennsylvania State University (April 2017)
- GEOSC 560 – Kinetics of Geological Processes: Taught one lecture introducing basics of isotope geochemistry.
Teaching Assistant, University of Michigan (2013 – 2016)
- EARTH 100s – Multiple introduction classes of earth sciences.
- EARTH 477 – Hydrogeology: Guided 50+ students to understand the fate and transport of contaminants from Underground Storage Tanks via hands-on hydrogeological lab work and the interpretation of stratigraphic information.
- EARTH 408 – Introduction to GIS in the Earth Sciences: Taught 24 students to implement 2D & 3D spatial analysis in ArcGIS; received positive teaching evaluation (rated at 4.5-5.0 out of 5.0) from students.